News - Afghanistan
At least three suicide bombers were killed by the security forces early Tuesday morning after the insurgents attacked a residential house and started clashes with security forces on Monday night, local officials said.
Clashes between security forces and insurgents started just after 8pm on Monday night after suicide bombers attacked a house in Darulaman Road.
By 6am on Tuesday morning all insurgents had been killed by security forces, the head of the crime investigation department of police, Fraidoon Obaidi said.
"All three suicide bombers were killed by the security forces and we have started investigations about the attack." Obaidi said. "There are no security forces and civilians casualties in the attack."
Preliminary reports suggest that the target was a government-owned guest house. However, earlier reports stated that the target of the attack was the Kabul home of former Helmand governor, and former deputy head of the National Directorate of Security (NDS) Naeem Baloch. But Obaidi said that the house does not belong to Baloch.
"We have started investigations about the house and it does not belong to Naeem Baloch or any other government official," he added.
However, the officials did not provided more details about the attack.
But head of Kabul police, Abdul Rahman Rahimi said on Tuesday morning that seven police officers were injured in the attack.
The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Click here to watch the footage: