Sullivan Street Press’s Deborah Emin called Washing the Dust from Our Hearts (Grayson Books) “One of the Best Poetry Books of 2015.” Bustle’s Emily Ce Miller declared the Afghan Women’s Writing Project anthology “beautiful, brave, and inspiring all at once.” And Suzanne Russell, writing in Women’s Voices for Change said: “It is difficult to convey the extraordinary energy and strength of the brave girls and women who write for Afghan Women’s Writing Project (AWWP)…they are fierce and their writing is full of hope for a better future for Afghanistan.”
We are so proud of the poetry and prose of the Afghan women and girls we serve. Books may be purchased for $18 each at the AWWP market page. All proceeds go towards continuing our in-country and online workshops. If you belong to a book club or teach courses, consider recommending Washing the Dust from Our Hearts for group reading and discussion. Once you read it, consider leaving a review for us on Amazon or Goodreads.
As always, thank you for your support!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)